The annual Youth Festival, a popular event catering to young cyclists between the age groups of U11 – U19, will take place in Oudtshoorn from 11 – 14 July 2022.
The Festival consists of 6 events, including Criterium Race, Road Race, Team Time Trial, MTB XCO, MTB Oval Track Bunch Race and MTB Oval Track Scratch Race. This year, a BMX Development event has been added to the final day to expose riders to this exciting discipline.
The objectives of the Youth Festival:
- To create an opportunity for all riders up to U19 riders to participate on a regular basis against other riders in the country with similar abilities – not as individuals, but as a team.
- To assist the Regions with their development and transformation goals.
- To create venues for the younger age groups to show and develop their potential.
- As the emphasis is on team and mass participation, all events will be structured so that points will be awarded to every participant.
Teams to consist of 5 riders, three of which need to be PDI riders, and at least one female rider.
“What a pleasure to welcome our youth from across the country to the 14th Anniversary of the Youth Festival, hosted by the Western Cape Cycling and Eden Cycling Association.
“This is the platform where we develop and identify upcoming champions by levelling the playing field for young talent from all backgrounds and walks of life to participate. There is still a lot that needs to be done to get full representation across the board, but with events such as the Youth Festival, we are getting closer to meeting our targets and normalising inclusivity.” said Evangelist Zuki Nxoli, Chair of the Youth, Transformation and Development Commission.
2022 YOUTH FESTIVAL OUDTSHOORN
Date: 11 – 14 July 2022
Venue: Oudtshoorn, Western Cape
Event Organiser: Eden Cycling Association – Corné Bence
Entries: Download the entry form below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries Close: Wednesday, 6 July 2022
14:00 EVENT 1 – Criterium Racing
The Criterium racing takes place on a 1,37 km challenging circuit. The Crit starts on Bontebok avenue, anti-clockwise to 5th Avenue, Springbok road and Zebra road.
- U17 Boys 10 Minutes + 1 Lap
- Junior Men 10 Minutes + 1 Lap
- U11 Boys, U11 Girls and U15 Girls 10 Minutes + 1 Lap
- U13 Boys and U15 Girls 15 Minutes + 1 Lap
- U15 Boys, U17 Girls & Junior ladies 20 Minutes + 1 lap
- U17 Boys 25 Minutes + 1 Lap
- Junior Men 30 minutes +1 Lap