Cycling South Africa announced in October the new membership details for 2015 and added benefits for members. New value add included medical assistance from Hollard Insurance Company as well as the introduction of a rewards and membership card.
The inclusion of RoadCover into Hollard’s medical benefits is of great advantage to Cycling SA members, and the best part is that it is all-inclusive in the annual membership fee.
RoadCover is a service offering that manages it’s members claims with the Road Accident Fund (RAF) from start to finish and assists them in order to be compensated by the RAF in full, at no extra cost to themselves.
The benefits of RoadCover:
- Members will have a dedicated RoadCover Legal practitioner to formulate their claim with the RAF
- RoadCover manages the entire claim from start to finish, effectively halving the claim turnaround time
- Members receive 100% of the RAF payout - RoadCover charges no additional fees
- For the duration of the claim the individual receives the following:
- Legal representation
- Administration and claims management
- Accident reconstruction
- Required Medico-legal reports
- Required actuarial reports
- Past and future loss of earning reports
- Past and future loss of support reports
Who is entitled to claim?
- A Cycling SA member limited to any form of cycling activity, being training, competition or social riding only
- The dependant of a deceased victim
- A close relative of the deceased in respect of funeral expenses
- A claimant under the age of 18 who must be assisted by a parent or legal guardian
What could you claim for?
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of earnings or income if a person is disabled (past and future)
- Loss of support for a dependant of a deceased victim (breadwinner, past and future)
- General damages for pain, suffering and disfigurement in the case of bodily injury as determined after examining the extent and severity of the injury
To read the RoadCover/RAF one-pager, click here.
For more information on Cycling SA membership and benefits, click here.
For more information, call 0860 RCOVER (726837) or visit www.roadcover.co.za.