The 2017 African Continental MTB Cross-country Championships will take place in the southern region of Bel Ombre in Mauritius from 11-14 May. Entries are open to all Elite, Under 23 and Junior Men and Women wishing to enter.
Any riders wanting to participate in the championship event can do so as there will not be a participation quota. The African Continental MTB Champs has been opened up for maximum participation to create greater opportunities and to be of greater benefit to our riders and to our sport.
Cycling South Africa will not be selecting a National Team, but anyone who wishes to enter must contact Dellah Paul before Tuesday 11 April in order for the race entry to be processed timeously.
The following events will be competed in at the Continental Championships:
Category - Race (Class)
· Men Elite - Cross-country Marathon (ME XCM CC)
· Women Elite - Cross-country Marathon (WE XCM CC)
· Mixed Elite - Team Relay (XE XCR CC)
· Men Elite - Cross-country Olympic (ME XCO CC)
· Men Juniors - Cross-country Olympic (MJ XCO CC)
· Men Under 23 - Cross-country Olympic (MU XCO CC)
· Women Elite - Cross-country Olympic (WE XCO CC)
· Women Juniors - Cross-country Olympic (WJ XCO CC)
· Women Under 23 - Cross-country Olympic (WU XCO CC)
For more information, view the web page here: https://www.cyclingsa.com/2017-african-continental-mtb-champs/
· Download the African Continental Mountain bike Cross-country Olympic entry form here: https://www.cyclingsa.com/s/20170403_INSCRIPTION-FORM-FOR-MTB-CHAMPIONSHIPS-XCO-XCM.docx.
· For accommodation options, click here: https://www.cyclingsa.com/s/20170403_ACCOMODATIONS-FOR-VTT-CHAMPS-2017.docx.
· To view the Programme of Events, click here: https://www.cyclingsa.com/s/20170406_Race-Program-VTT-Champs-2017.pdf.
Please send completed entry forms to Dellah Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org before 11 April 2017.