CYCLING SA MEMBERSHIP & LICENSING POLICY
Constitution of Cycling South Africa (17.02.2018)
- Annexure A: Powers of Cycling South Africa to Carry Out Its Objectives (effective 17.02.2018)
- Annexure B: Powers and functions of the Executive Committee of Cycling South Africa (effective 17.02.2018)
- FORGOT USERNAME/PASSWORD: Email email@example.com
Do you want to become a member of Cycling South Africa? Are you already a member? Existing members can visit their profiles and wannabe members can sign up and create their profiles by clicking the red MEMBERSHIP button above.
For your convenience, Cycling South Africa has developed a brand new membership platform. The new process is far simpler and can either be accessed through your desktop (at https://cyclingsa-events.co.za/app/) or via the mobile APP (currently available in the Google Play Store for Android devices and in the Apple App Store).
The process is far easier and simpler to use. Please take two minutes to confirm that your details are indeed correct. To find out more information about membership and our amazing membership benefits, keep reading this page.
You can renew your membership on a 12 monthly cycle. Full Racing Licences (the additional R450 option), remain a January-to-December period to comply with UCI regulations. The online system has had some further enhancements made, in that you can use your savings card, debit card or credit card to process the online payment.
Licence structure explained
Full Racing License
This category of license is for riders from the age of 17-years-old who wish to be eligible for provincial and national selection and respective colours award. The bearer of a full license is entitled to partake in national championships or series race and be seeded accordingly. Those of who race in the UCI categories (Junior, U23 and Elite) earn UCI points, which will assist them in being seeded at future UCI category events, UCI World Cups and UCI World Championships. The cost of a full racing license is R450 per year, and the applicant has to be member of an affiliated club, as well as be a registered member of Cycling SA. These MUST be done simultaneously for a Full Racing License to be valid. Full Racing Licenses are only valid from 1 January to 31 December each year.
As from 1 November 2017, a membership of Cycling SA costs R250 per year. A membership holder is entitled to enter any event, irrespective of discipline, without having to purchase a day license. A member is allowed to participate in a national series event, but will not be eligible for national or provincial selection. A membership of Cycling SA is the most basic form of license and is an agreement of the rider to abide by the rules of the event in which they participate.
The Day-license is designed to allow the absolute newcomers of the sport to participate within the rules and regulations of the sport. These participants, who do not hold a full license or membership, need to purchase a day license. By purchasing a day license the rider agrees to participate in the event and abide with the rules of the event and those of Cycling SA for that day. A day license costs R35 and is only valid for one day.
Technical Official License
The cost of a license for Technical Officials - UCI Commissaire, National Commissaire, Judge & Time Keeper - is R100 per year.
Some provinces charge an additional levy to assist with the development and running of the provincial structures. These levies vary from province to province. Your province, which is made up of the clubs, will provide the information as to what and how these funds are utilised within your province, as these are determined by the input from clubs at regional and provincial meetings.
PROVINCIAL LEVIES FOR 2018:
- Central Gauteng Affiliation Fee R75 (Compulsory if you live in Central Gauteng)
- Eastern Cape Affiliation Fee R50 (Compulsory if you live in Eastern Cape)
- East Rand Affiliation Fee R50 (Compulsory if you live in East Rand)
- Free State Affiliation Fee R75 (Compulsory if you live in Free State)
- Gauteng North Affiliation Fee R50 (Compulsory if you live in Gauteng North)
- KwaZulu-Natal Affiliation Fee R50 (Compulsory if you live in KZN)
- Limpopo Affiliation Fee R50 (Compulsory if you live in Limpopo)
- Mogale (West Rand) Affiliation Fee R50 (Compulsory if you live in Mogale)
- Mpumalanga Affiliation Fee R25 (Compulsory if you live in Mpumalanga)
- Northern Cape Affiliation Fee R50 (Compulsory if you live in Northern Cape)
- North West Affiliation Fee R75 (Compulsory if you live in North West)
- Southern Gauteng Affiliation Fee R75 (Compulsory if you live in Southern Gauteng)
- Western Cape Affiliation Fee R25 (Compulsory if you live in Western Cape)
- 'B' Grade Manager's License R200
- 'C' Grade Manager's License R200
- Soigneur/Masseuse R200
- Mechanic R200
- Derny R200
- Driver R200
- BMX Team manager R200
- Medical Doctor R200
- Team Chef R200
- Paramedical Assistant R200
- Club and Skills Level Coach R150
- Level 1 Coach R150
- Level 2 Coach R150
- Level 3 Coach R150
Europcar South Africa
As a valued Europcar partner, Cycling SA Members will receive 10% off their car hire. Simply click on the Europcar link from your Cycling SA member login page when using the Membership APP to make your reservation. With over 100 branches throughout Southern Africa and a wide selection of vehicles ranging from economy, SUVs and MPVs to luxury vehicles, you are assured that Europcar will meet your travel requirements.
Cycling South Africa is pleased to announce an exciting new membership benefit deal with Europcar South Africa. Cycling SA members will receive a 10% discount with their unique CSAID.
TEuropcar South Africa has been a consistent sponsor and partner to Cycling South Africa over the past few years, supporting various major cycling events that have been staged around the country by supplying team and support vehicles.
Hollard Insurance Company
Cycling SA has finalised a medical emergency evacuation or transport benefit with Hollard Insurance Company for the 2018 membership cycle. Each member will receive a death benefit of R25 000, and/or Emergency Medical Treatment at a Medical Treatment Facility and Emergency Traveling costs a benefit of up to R25,000 accident cover for any cycling related accident that occurs at a Cycling SA sanctioned cycling event. The injured cyclist MUST attend a medic on-site at the event where he/she is injured. This offer is only available to all Cycling SA members.
If in an accident or in an emergency a person must contact Africa Assist - 010 211 6950 - in order for the member to be identified and the expenses controlled.
For any other queries, please contact Hollard Accident and Health - Claims Manager on 011 351 5366
*There is a R500 excess payable, and the claim will be settled subject to all correct documentation being in place.
RoadCover/Road Accident Fund
ROADCOVER ensure that victims of motor vehicle accidents have immediate access to an effective Road Accident Fund (RAF) claims management system with NO costs to themselves. RoadCover removes the very difficult and complicated process that we face when processing a claim with the Road Accident Fund.
For the duration of the claim, the member receives:
- Legal representation
- Administration and claims management
- Accident reconstruction
- Required Medico-legal reports
- Required Actuarial reports
- Past and future loss of earning reports
- Past and future loss of support reports
For further information, please go to www.roadcover.co.za or dial 0860 RCOVER (0860 726837)