INCLUSIVITY AND DIVERSITY PLEDGE
Sport can create hope where once there was only despair.
It is more powerful than governments in breaking down racial barriers.
It laughs in the face of all types of discrimination.
CYCLINGSA'S PLEDGE TO INCLUSIVITY AND DIVERSITY
- CyclingSA is fully committed to the principles and active promotion of diversity, inclusivity and providing equal opportunities whilst encouraging social cohesion and using cycling as a form of activity that will uplift previously disadvantaged communities.
- CyclingSA will be the catalyst driving all stakeholders through common programs, capacity building and development to achieve the federation’s transformation objectives.
- CyclingSA will give clear instruction to support transformation and inclusivity.
- CyclingSA will encourage increased diversity through the constitution of the National Federation and that of its affiliates.
- CyclingSA will set goals to continue the transformation of cycling in South Africa through the National Development Plan over a four-year period. For ease of planning, this will coincide with an Olympic Cycle.
- CyclingSA will communicate to its members and partners its plans and monitor the progress of achieving goals.
- Through its mandate as the custodian of the sport of cycling, CyclingSA will ensure that there will be open access to all those who wish to participate in the sport and that they are treated fairly.
MAKE YOUR PLEDGE TO INCLUSIVITY AND DIVERSITY BELOW
INCLUSIVITY AND DIVERSITY PLEDGES
|Full Name||Town / City||Make your Pledge|
I belong to both a cycling club and kayak/surfski club and we have an anti-racism approach in both clubs.
If you are a cyclist, you are family.
I say No to Racism!
Cycling is a sport for everyone keep it that way. Racism has no place in sport so keep it that way as well.
I pledge to set the example through sport.
And to find ways to defend people against racist attacks, subtle comments that are racists. To find the words that are appropriate to fight against the injustice of treating people like they are less than because they are of a different colour.
In the words of Madiba: "No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite." I take this pledge for the sport I love and for equal opportunity for all cyclists.
Cycling is a sport for everyone. No race, gender or cultural group has priority on our roads or trails.
Cycling SA views any form of racism or hate speech in a very serious light. There is no place for racist behaviour in our sport and society. CyclingSA further reiterates its zero-tolerance approach to racism in sport and in all walks of life. No person should be subjected to any discrimination and humiliation whatsoever. We are all equal and should at all times be treated with dignity and respect. I pledge to uphold the values of honesty, integrity and respect at all times.