INCLUSIVITY AND DIVERSITY PLEDGE
Sport can create hope where once there was only despair.
It is more powerful than governments in breaking down racial barriers.
It laughs in the face of all types of discrimination.
CYCLINGSA'S PLEDGE TO INCLUSIVITY AND DIVERSITY
- CyclingSA is fully committed to the principles and active promotion of diversity, inclusivity and providing equal opportunities whilst encouraging social cohesion and using cycling as a form of activity that will uplift previously disadvantaged communities.
- CyclingSA will be the catalyst driving all stakeholders through common programs, capacity building and development to achieve the federation’s transformation objectives.
- CyclingSA will give clear instruction to support transformation and inclusivity.
- CyclingSA will encourage increased diversity through the constitution of the National Federation and that of its affiliates.
- CyclingSA will set goals to continue the transformation of cycling in South Africa through the National Development Plan over a four-year period. For ease of planning, this will coincide with an Olympic Cycle.
- CyclingSA will communicate to its members and partners its plans and monitor the progress of achieving goals.
- Through its mandate as the custodian of the sport of cycling, CyclingSA will ensure that there will be open access to all those who wish to participate in the sport and that they are treated fairly.
MAKE YOUR PLEDGE TO INCLUSIVITY AND DIVERSITY BELOW
INCLUSIVITY AND DIVERSITY PLEDGES
|Full Name||Town / City||Make your Pledge|
There is no place for Racism in any Sport
I SAY NO to RACISM full stop.
In Sports, there is no colour, only people who compete.
Racism should have been in the past since the rebirth of the new South Africa. There is no place for it.
I say NO to Racism in sport
Always say NO to racism!
I pledge that I will not partake or tolerate any racism in our sport.
In cycle racing the only thing that counts are results. In the words of Cadel Evans "one rider wins everyone else loses and next week we come back and do it all again."
My dream is that we are all seen as and treated as equals in this glorious country of ours. No to racism in all its forms including xenophobia.
Mohammed Uzair Bhamjee
Let us all unite and together we can be strong. Remember we all have the same blood colour despite the colour of our skin.
I will not tolerate any form of racism in sport, there must be equal opportunity for all!! May the best man win !!
There's no place for hate or racism in our sport let alone the world, I pledge to make it a better place.
We are all children of God Almighty, keep the faith.
No to all types of discrimination in my beloved Country.
Let all opportunities be awarded based on who is best for the job, regardless of race or gender.
Alistair van der Avoort
I say NO to Racism in sport
Their is no place for racism in sport.
Sport's unite people, it's an equalizer and life changer on every societal level that builds bonds. There is zero place for any kind of prejudice!
I believe there is no place for racism in any sport on earth. How can we strive for a better country, or world for that matter, if there is still any form of racism?
Tobias Johannes Janse van Rensburg
I pledge to NO racism in any part of our society.
We are all equal and should at all times be treated with dignity and respect.
Racism and any form of intolerance based on colour, culture,gender has no place in sport and in the greater society. I say No to destructive tendencies that seek to destroy all the hard work by our stalwarts such as Nelson Mandela, Ruth First, Oliver Tambo and others.ÊI shall always be a part of constructing a world that recognizes the strength we derive from our difference and diversity!
Be United in Sport, and Free from Hatred and Racism - that's what will allow us ALL to EXCEL!
I pledge to keep racism out of sport
I pledge and say NO to all discrimination particularly when it comes to sport and cycling. Sport is the ideal platform for people to unite.