INCLUSIVITY AND DIVERSITY PLEDGE
Sport can create hope where once there was only despair.
It is more powerful than governments in breaking down racial barriers.
It laughs in the face of all types of discrimination.
CYCLINGSA'S PLEDGE TO INCLUSIVITY AND DIVERSITY
- CyclingSA is fully committed to the principles and active promotion of diversity, inclusivity and providing equal opportunities whilst encouraging social cohesion and using cycling as a form of activity that will uplift previously disadvantaged communities.
- CyclingSA will be the catalyst driving all stakeholders through common programs, capacity building and development to achieve the federation’s transformation objectives.
- CyclingSA will give clear instruction to support transformation and inclusivity.
- CyclingSA will encourage increased diversity through the constitution of the National Federation and that of its affiliates.
- CyclingSA will set goals to continue the transformation of cycling in South Africa through the National Development Plan over a four-year period. For ease of planning, this will coincide with an Olympic Cycle.
- CyclingSA will communicate to its members and partners its plans and monitor the progress of achieving goals.
- Through its mandate as the custodian of the sport of cycling, CyclingSA will ensure that there will be open access to all those who wish to participate in the sport and that they are treated fairly.
MAKE YOUR PLEDGE TO INCLUSIVITY AND DIVERSITY BELOW
INCLUSIVITY AND DIVERSITY PLEDGES
|Full Name||Town / City||Make your Pledge|
Is it not sad that we still have to do things like taking pledges against racism? We should have been colour blind and blind for all other types of discrimination in any place and situation in our life. It is a long time all ready to move on, we are all equal, all God's creation and if we are equal to Him, who are we to discriminate.
Jeanine J.v Rensburg
There is no place for racism in sport. Let our mutual passion for cycling unite us
I agree to keep racism and hate speech from sport.
There is no place for racism in cycling or any other sport!
no racism anywhere
Racism is for losers.
We must unite as a nation.
Sport is the one frontier where all men and women can participate on an equal footing. There is no room for anything that may be said, written, implied or construed that would seek to favour one individual or group at the expense of another. This goes for all sports including Cycling.
Be fair guys! We are all in this together!
Ernest van Eck
There is no place for racism anywhere! All are equal.
Racism must be buried, it destroys the future of our society.
May the best candidate always triumph, regardless of race, creed, colour, or religion.
Treat people they YOU wish to be Treated and Everyone is equal in the eyes of GOD.
Basie van Rensburg
I PLEDGE TO KEEP RACISM AND HATE SPEECH FROM OUR SPORT
I pledge to treat all people with respect and make them feel loved.
There is no place for racist behaviour in this world. It should be rooted out in all spheres of life, including our beloved sport of cycling.
I take the pledge for no racism in sport. Lets support the development programs that are essential to long term athlete development ultimately resulting in a greater depth of elite level athletes representing South Africa internationally.
Gavin van der Merwe
No to racism and discrimination.
Racism is a tool of the weak to try and make themselves feel better, there is no room for that especially on the road where the best man/woman will lead the way regardless of race
Racism is a cowardly excuse - rather get to understand your differences and embrace the diversity!
May we all enjoy our sport, no matter who we are and may there be no racism at all!
I PLEDGE TO KEEP RACISM AND HATE SPEECH FREE FROM OUR SPORT AND SERVE AS A ROLL MODEL IN THIS REGARD.
I believe cycling is a bridge builder that can bring all South Africans to unite as a proud nation.
All humans are 99.9% the same, at the level of our DNA sequences. Our skin colour is determined by a few melanin genes, a tiny, tiny percent of what makes up an individual. There is no correlation between melanin expression and a person's intelligence, ability, creativity or humanity. I pledge to not let the most superficial marker of any individual on the planet or my own country come between us.
I pledge that I will fight racism in cycling and in all forms of associations in life - but a sad situation that this needs to be done in the first place. Everyone is equal to me.