A key focus for CyclingSA is to build an all-inclusive and diverse cycling community.
In order to ensure that the Rider’s Commission is an equal and fair representation, the commission consists of:
- One male and female per discipline.
- Road, MTB, Track, BMX and Para-Cycling disciplines.
The role of the Rider’s Commission is to:
- Act as rider representatives for all members of CyclingSA.
- Create an effective forum for professional cyclists to contribute to issues that impact their profession.
- Make recommendations to the Executive Board for consideration in order to improve the athletes’ role in all disciplines and respect the athletes’ rights.
As such, we are calling on all Junior, U23 and Elite licenced riders for nominations of the road cycling and para-cycling representatives to serve on the Rider’s Commission.
Nominations for male and female Road cyclists, as well as male and female Para-Cycling representatives to be submitted to [email protected] by Sunday, 14 March 2021, for the elections to take place at the SA National Road Championships from 19 – 21 March 2021.
The nominees’ list will be published on Monday, 15 March 2021, and all nominees will be asked to provide a 1-page sporting CV for consideration.
Voting will be conducted by an online secret ballot by all Junior, U23 and Elite entrants at SA Road Championships as per the CyclingSA policies, and results will be published Tuesday, 23 March 2021.
Elections for the other disciplines will take place at each of their respective national championships during the course of the year.
Please note that these are voluntary positions.