Following the announcement by President Ramaphosa on 27 June, South Africa will move to Adjusted Alert Level 4 lockdown from 28 June 2021.
CyclingSA would like to highlight the below regulations from 28 June to 10 July as per the Adjusted Alert Level 4 regulations.
- No social gatherings are permitted.
- No leisure travel to and from Gauteng.
- Gym and fitness facilities are to remain closed.
- Mandatory to wear a mask when not undertaking vigorous exercise, provided that social distancing of at least 1,5 meters is maintained.
We are awaiting clarification from the Department of Sport, Art and Culture regarding how the new regulations will affect scheduled cycling events during this period.
CyclingSA and the relevant discipline commissions have decided to postpone the below events to mitigate the risk as South Africa’s COVID-19 levels continue to increase.
- SA BMX Cup, Round 4, 5 & 6 – postponed, date still to be confirmed.
- SA National Omnium Championships – postponed to 11 September 2021.
- SA National XCO Championships – postponed to 25 & 26 September 2021.
We must continue to protect ourselves, friends, families and colleagues by following the public health guidelines.
- Wear your masks in public.
- Wash or sanitise your hands as often as possible.
- Keep a safe distance and from others.
We will communicate any updates as soon as we receive them.