The 2021 UCI BMX World Championships are set to take place in Papendal, the Netherlands from 14 – 22 August 2021, just three weeks after the Tokyo Olympics BMX finals.
Even with the COVID-19 restrictions still in place, the Dutch Olympic Training Centre is expected to welcome over 3,500 riders, from 8 years old to the Masters’ categories, with an additional five-meter starting ramp specially built to make the track accessible to all race categories.
The CyclingSA Executive Board and BMX commission wish to congratulate the following riders who have qualified and have been selected to represent South Africa at the 2021 BMX World Championships.
- Alex Limberg – Elite Men
- Tyler Klumper – Elite Men
- Andrew Killian – Junior Men
- Tyler Thompson – Challenge 16yr Boys
- Miyanda Maseti – Challenge 16yr Girls
- Brent Johnson – Challenge 15yr Boys
- Deagan McCallum – Challenge 13yr Boys
- Zoe Limberg – Challenge 13yr Girls
- Tyler Posthumus – Challenge 12yr Boys
- Alexandra Santos – Challenge 12yr Girls
- Matthew Fulton – Challenge 10yr Boys
- Rylee Van Heerden – Challenge 10yr Girls
- Shai Duke-Norris – 30-39 Men Cruiser Class
- William Jackson – 50+ Men Cruiser Class