The 2021 South African National Road Championships will be held for the Junior, Under 23, Elite, Master and Para-Cycling categories from Thursday, 18 – Sunday, 21 March in Swellendam.
CyclingSA awarded the hosting rights for the 2021 SA National Championships to Swellendam Municipality under Anton Groenewald’s management and the Swellendam Cycling Club in November 2020.
“We are delighted to host this most prestigious event on the national cycling calendar, attracting the cream of the crop in SA Road Cycling! This year’s winners and medal placements also compete for team selection for the World Championship and the Olympics.
We wish all participants in the Time Trial and Road Races only the very best and trust they will cherish only the fondest memories of our town and people.” ~ Nicholas Myburgh – Executive Mayor, Swellendam.
“The cycling community extends our sincere appreciation to the organisation and people of Swellendam for welcoming us this weekend. We would also like to acknowledge and express gratitude to the sponsors who have come on board to support the event, particularly Western Cape Government, WESGRO, Multilayer Trade Corporation, Coca-Cola and Peninsula Beverages.
The event planning during the pandemic has been an enormous task, but we have complete faith that this will be a successful event where we will witness the crowning of the 2021 National Road and Time Trial Champions.” ~ Ciska Austin, President of CyclingSA.
SHOWAVE PRE-EVENT COVID REGISTRATION AND SCREENING
All riders, officials, media and event staff attending the Championships this weekend must complete an online COVID-19 questionnaire. We appeal to all individuals to complete the registration prior to arriving at race village as this will speed up the race registration.
The steps to register are as follows:
- Complete the questionnaire via online registration HERE.
- Once the questionnaire is submitted, you will be issued with a 12 digit code.
- Submit the 12 digit code to WhatsApp chat to obtain a QR code, or else keep the email handy.
- The QR code must be presented to gain entry into the event.
- No QR code, no entry.
We ask all support staff, media and event crew attending the Championships to be mindful of the COVID-19 regulations:
- Riders – Masks/buffs remain compulsory as a safety precaution until 1min before the start and must be worn once the finish line has been crossed.
- Event staff and Media – Masks/buffs remain compulsory as a safety precaution and must be worn at all times without exception.
- No spectators are permitted at any events as per the National Government COVID-19 specific exclusions.
GENERAL RACE INFORMATION
Please refer to cyclingsa.com for all race information, including:
- Route maps and profiles
- Updated event schedules
- Start lists
- Live timing links