2018 SRAM WC XCO MTB SERIES IN ASSOCIATION WITH TYGERBERG MTB CLUB
2018 SRAM WC XCO MTB RACE IN ASSOCIATION WITH TYGERBERG MTB CLUB
We have great news! The Western Cape Provincial XCO races hosted by the Western Province MTB Commission on 17 March at Rhebokskloof in Paarl and 13 May at Slanghoek Mountain Resort in Rawsonville, Worcester, have been registered as UCI Class 2 Junior events. This means the Junior cyclists will be able to earn UCI points at these two events.
Thank you to SRAM and Tygerberg MTB Club for affording this development opportunity to our riders.
- Entry is open to any UCI Junior license holder.
- UCI XCO junior events approved by the national federation and included on the UCI Mountain Bike International Calendar will award UCI XCO ranking points to the first 10 finishers, as follows: 20 – 18 -16 -14 -12 -10 -8 – 6 - 4 – 2.
- The first 5 finishers will receive prize money.
- The start order is determined as follows: As per the most recently published UCI XCO juniors individual ranking of the current season.
- UCI junior events – XCO: only the best 4 results of each rider are taken into consideration for the UCI junior ranking.
- The UCI Mountain Bike ranking for XCO juniors is drawn up over a period of one year. The following events will be awarded ranking points for the UCI Ranking – XCO Juniors: - For juniors, UCI points are allocated for XCO World championships, XCO Continental championships, XCO Juniors Series Races, XCO national championships and XCO junior events.
- All the Junior riders must have a full Junior racing licence and the required 11-digit UCI Identity number.
- Enter for the races at www.wpcycling.com; look under “Upcoming Events”.
- The route map and programme for the race on 17 March is attached.
We are looking forward to see the Juniors race for these valuable UCI points!
WP MTB Commission