2017 SA NATIONAL ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS
7-12 February 2017
Date: 7 to 12 February 2017
Province: Western Cape
Road Race Location: Florida Farm Stall, Wellington
Entries are open
The South African National Championships is the blue ribbon event for each cycling discipline and is held each year. The prestigious event crowns the National Champion in their chosen discipline, for their respective gender and age groups. From Elite categories, to under-23 and Junior, right through to the Masters from 30 years to 70+, each category has a chance to earn the title of SA National Champion.
The SA National Road Championships will stage a Time Trial and Road Race in Wellington - Western Cape - and we look forward to welcoming all participants.
Who can take part
All participants must have a Full Racing Licence issued by Cycling SA. The following categories of riders can participate in the 2017 SA Road Championships:
- Elite Men and Women;
- Under 23 Men and Women: A cyclist who turns 19, 20, 21 or 22 years of age in a registration year;
- Under 19 Men and Women: A cyclist who turns 17 or 18 years of age in a registration year. Also referred to as the Junior age category;
- Under 17 Boys and Girls: A cyclist who turns 15 or 16 years of age in a registration year;
- Under 15 Boys and Girls: A cyclist who turns 13 or 14 years of age in a registration year;
- Under 13 Boys and Girls: A cyclist who turns 11 or 12 years of age in a registration year;
- Under 11 Boys and Girls: A cyclist who turns 9 or 10 years of age in a registration year
- Para-cycling categories
- Masters categories Men and Women
- 30-34 years
- 35-39 years
- 40-44 years
- 45-49 years
- 50-54 years
- 55-59 years
- 60-64 years
- 65-69 years
- 70+ Women
- 75-79 Men
- 80+ Men
Jersey and Medal categories (for Elite, U23 and Junior)
- Minimum 8 starters for jerseys and medals
Jersey and Medal categories (for U17, U15, U13, U11 and Masters categories):
- Less than 3, no Championship medals
- 3 starters - bronze medal only
- 4 starters - bronze and silver medals only
- 5+ starters - gold, silver, bronze and jersey
Where is SA Champs?
Race HQ is at Florida Farm stall just outside Wellington. Race circuit is 12.7km on the “Lady Loch” circuit for both road races and Time Trials.
When is SA Champs?
7-12 Feb. Specific events, dates and times TBC and on website as soon as available.
Where can one stay?
Anywhere in the Paarl and Wellington region will be good.
TT Bike measurements
Coming soon ...
Routes - distances, profiles and map
SA National Road Championships