2017 SA NATIONAL ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS
7-12 February 2017
Date: 7 to 12 February 2017
Province: Western Cape
Road Race Location: Florida Farm Stall, Wellington
You can also follow the live timing from the APP - it’s on Android and iOS in the relevant app stores. Search “Mobii Race Results”.
Date: 8 February 2017
AMENDMENTS TO RACE BIBLE – THURSDAY 9 FEBRUARY 2017
Please be advised of the following corrections that replace those initially listed in the race bible:
The South African National Championships is the blue ribbon event for each cycling discipline and is held each year. The prestigious event crowns the National Champion in their chosen discipline, for their respective gender and age groups. From Elite categories, to under-23 and Junior, right through to the Masters from 30 years to 70+, each category has a chance to earn the title of SA National Champion.
The SA National Road Championships will stage a Time Trial and Road Race in Wellington - Western Cape - and we look forward to welcoming all participants.
Who can take part
All participants must have a Full Racing Licence issued by Cycling SA. The following categories of riders can participate in the 2017 SA Road Championships:
- Elite Men and Women;
- Under 23 Men and Women: A cyclist who turns 19, 20, 21 or 22 years of age in a registration year;
- Under 19 Men and Women: A cyclist who turns 17 or 18 years of age in a registration year. Also referred to as the Junior age category;
- Under 17 Boys and Girls: A cyclist who turns 15 or 16 years of age in a registration year;
- Under 15 Boys and Girls: A cyclist who turns 13 or 14 years of age in a registration year;
- Under 13 Boys and Girls: A cyclist who turns 11 or 12 years of age in a registration year;
- Under 11 Boys and Girls: A cyclist who turns 9 or 10 years of age in a registration year
- Para-cycling categories
- Masters categories Men and Women
- 30-34 years
- 35-39 years
- 40-44 years
- 45-49 years
- 50-54 years
- 55-59 years
- 60-64 years
- 65-69 years
- 70+ Women
- 75-79 Men
- 80+ Men
Jersey and Medal categories (for Elite, U23 and Junior)
- Minimum 8 starters for jerseys and medals
Jersey and Medal categories (for U17, U15, U13, U11 and Masters categories):
- Less than 3, no Championship medals
- 3 starters - bronze medal only
- 4 starters - bronze and silver medals only
- 5+ starters - gold, silver, bronze and jersey
Where is SA Champs?
Race HQ is at Florida Farm stall just outside Wellington. Race circuit is 12.7km on the “Lady Loch” circuit for both road races and Time Trials.
When is SA Champs?
7-12 Feb. Specific events, dates and times are now available on this website and in the Race Bible.
Where can one stay?
Anywhere in the Paarl and Wellington region will be good.
- 2017 Road Race Results Day 6
- 2017 Road Race Results - Day 5
- 2017 Road Race Results - Day 4
- 2017 Road Race Results - Day 3
- 2017 Time Trial Results - Day 3
- 2017 Time Trial Results - Day 2
- 2017 Time Trial Results - Day 1
- 13 February 2017 - Janse van Rensburg and De Bod celebrate team victory
- 12 February 2017 - Second success for Dalton at SA Road Champs
- 10 February 2017 - Para-cyclists beat the heat at 2017 SA National Para-cycling Road Champs
- 9 February 2017 - Impey retains, Moolman-Pasio takes back National Time Trial titles
- 9 February 2017 - Slingerland grabs monster time at Day 2 of SA Road Champs
- 8 February 2017 - First wave of Masters nail SA Time Trial Champs
- 7 February 2017 - Weather warms Roadies up for first day of National Champs
- 3 February 2017 - ATTENTION: Bring your timing chips to the SA Road Champs!
- 25 January 2017 - Entry closing date extended for National Road Championships
- 20 January 2017 - Venter returning to defend National title at home
- 12 January 2017 - Western Cape gearing up for SA Road Champs
TT Bike measurements
The full start list for all the time trials and road races can be downloaded here.
Routes - distances, profiles and map
SA National Road Championships