The Department of Sports Organisation and Management of the Faculty of Human Movement and Quality of Life Sciences of the University of Peloponnese, with the support of the International Olympic Academy, is calling for applications for the Master’s Degree Programme with the title “Olympic Studies, Olympic Education, Organisation and Management of Olympic Events”, which will run through the Academic year of 2017-2018.
The number of students is limited to 40 postgraduate students worldwide.
The Master’s Degree Programme for the Olympic Studies constitutes an innovation in the Olympic Movement at an international level and is supported by the Olympic Solidarity (International Olympic Committee). The educational programme is based on the three pillars of the Olympic Movement: Education, Sports and Culture, which constitute the foundation for Olympism and Olympic Pedagogy.
The duration of the programme is three semesters. Students are required to attend two semesters of lectures in Greece and the third semester is done at student’s place.
Dates of Lectures in Greece:
· First Semester: 14/9/2017-16/11/2017
· Second Semester: 12/4/2018-15/6/2018
The dates of the second semester are subject to change.
· Detailed information regarding the applications for master’s degree programme can be found here: https://www.cyclingsa.com/s/20170306_announcement-call-for-applications-_2017-18_en.pdf
· Download the Application Form here: https://www.cyclingsa.com/s/20170306_application-form-2017.doc
· More information can be found on this website http://olympicmaster.uop.gr.
All applications with all the required documents must be submitted by the 30th of April 2017 to the Secretariat of the Master’s Degree programme at the following address:
Master’s Degree Programme on Olympic Studies
Director Prof. K. Georgiadis
52, Dimitrios Vikelas Avenue
152 33 Chalandri – Athens, Greece
For any other information please contact the Secretariat of the Master’s Degree programme at telephone numbers:
· +30 210 6878952
· +30 26240 23183
· Fax: +30 210 6878840
· Email: [email protected]