Date: 27-28 October 2016
Venue: Garden Court Marine Parade, Durban
Contact Person: Alec Lenferna email@example.com
Cycling South Africa, in conjunction with KwaZulu-Natal Department of Sport and Recreation, will be hosting the National Cycling Indaba in KwaZulu-Natal on Thursday 27 and Friday 28 October 2016 at the Garden Court Marine Parade in Durban.
The Indaba will encourage open discussion about the strategic direction of the Federation with particular focus on Transformation and Development – what needs to be done, and how can it be implemented – with Friday’s discussion focusing on Road Safety.
Cycling South Africa is recognised as the leading cycling federation on the African Continent as well as an important partner to the international federation (UCI) in its drive to globalise the sport through efficient and willing role players. The federation has also performed well in the eyes of the relevant government structures by regularly being nominated as one of the sports federations of the year.
All of the above augers well for the sport and its linked entities, but there are a variety of major issues that need to be addressed on an ongoing basis to ensure the continued healthy growth of the sport and industry with two of the most pressing issues being Transformation and Road Safety.
Both of these issues are large and complex and extremely important and Cycling South Africa is continually working towards finding equitable solutions within these spheres and to this end, requires the assistance and guidance as well as support of the industry’s linked partners and entities to ensure that it succeeds in its quest.
The two-day National Cycling Indaba provides the platform to discuss and identify workable solutions to these matters and to engage with representatives from government agencies, business representatives, media role players, teams and rider representatives and event organisers.
Presentations from the 2016 National Cycling Indaba:
- EPG Transformation Summary presentation to Cycling [2.9MB]
- Draft Green Paper: Roads Policy for South Africa – Mr Abram Chego [ MB]
- Transformation through Strategic Planning – Mr Mike Bradley [1.5MB]
- Race the Future – Ms. Robyn Thekiso [11.5 MB]
- TAS Bonga Cycling Academy – Mr. Bonga Ngqobane [4.2MB]
- Umkhanyakude Cycling Development Presentation – Ms. Nokukhanya Zondo [11MB]
- Velokhaya Cycling Indaba Presentation – Mr. Sipho Mona [1MB]
- Cyclainability Strategic Approach – Mr. Gordon Laing [ MB]
- Safe Cycling Presentation – Mr. Robert Vogel [ MB]
- Garmin Varia – Mr. Marc Bainbridge [4.4MB]
Be part of the action!
Thank you for following the proceedings from the 2016 National Cycling Indaba live on www.streamit360.tv.
You can send your questions, queries and concerns to the panel via Twitter – use the hashtag #CyclingIndaba2016 and we will track incoming tweets and pose them as questions to the panel/s during the “Feedback” and “Ideas” sessions.