CYCLING SA MEMBERSHIP & LICENSING POLICY
Cycling South Africa is proud to announce that our online licensing system has been updated and improved to assist members to renew their membership and domestic racing licenses. During 2015, 25253 members registered with Cycling SA and we look to increase that number into 2016 with greater value add. Further enhancements have been made to the online system with new value add to members. The most important of these changes is that as a member, you can renew your membership on a 12 monthly cycle. Full Racing Licences (the additional R350 option), remain a January-to-December period to comply with UCI regulations.
The online system has had some further enhancements made, in that we have now included an EFT facility through the SID platform, to reduce the inconvenience of having to log out and then do the EFT from your bank account, as well as some further enhancements to ensure that our staff can be used more effectively in providing improved value to members.
Licence structure explained
Full Racing License
This category of license is for riders from the age of 17-years-old who wish to be eligible for provincial and national selection and respective colours award. The bearer of a full license is entitled to partake in national championship or series race and be seeded accordingly. Those of who race in the UCI categories (Junior, U23 and Elite) earn UCI points, which will assist them in being seeded at future UCI category events, World Cups and Championships. The cost of a full racing license is R350 per year, and the applicant has to be member of an affiliated club, as well as be a registered member of Cycling SA. These MUST be done simultaneously for a Full Racing License to be valid. Full Racing Licenses are only valid from 1 January to 31 December each year.
As from 1 November 2015, a membership of Cycling SA costs R150 per year. A membership holder is entitled to enter any event, irrespective of discipline, without having to purchase a day license. A member is allowed to participate in a national series event, but will not be eligible for national or provincial selection. A membership of Cycling SA is the most basic form of license and is an agreement of the rider to abide by the rules of the event in which they participate.
The Day-license is designed to allow the absolute newcomers of the sport to participate within the rules and regulations of the sport. These participants, who do not hold a full license or membership, need to purchase a day license. By purchasing a day license the rider agrees to participate in the event and abide with the rules of the event and those of Cycling SA for that day. A day license costs R35 and is only valid for one day.
Some provinces charge an additional levy to assist with the development and running of the provincial structures. These levies vary from province to province. Your province, which is made up of the clubs, will provide the information as to what and how these funds are utilised within your province, as these are determined by the input from clubs at regional and provincial meetings.
Provincial Levies for 2016:
- Central Gauteng Affiliation Fee R75 (Compulsory if you live in Central Gauteng)
- Eastern Cape Affiliation Fee R50 (Compulsory if you live in Eastern Cape)
- East Rand Affiliation Fee R50 (Compulsory if you live in East Rand)
- Free State Affiliation Fee R75 (Compulsory if you live in Free State)
- Gauteng North Affiliation Fee R50 (Compulsory if you live in Gauteng North)
- KwaZulu-Natal Affiliation Fee R50 (Compulsory if you live in KZN)
- Limpopo Affiliation Fee R50 (Compulsory if you live in Limpopo)
- Mogale (West Rand) Affiliation Fee R50 (Compulsory if you live in Mogale)
- Mpumalanga Affiliation Fee R25 (Compulsory if you live in Mpumalanga)
- Northern Cape Affiliation Fee R50 (Compulsory if you live in Northern Cape)
- North West Affiliation Fee R75 (Compulsory if you live in North West)
- Southern Gauteng Affiliation Fee R75 (Compulsory if you live in Southern Gauteng)
- Western Cape Affiliation Fee R25 (Compulsory if you live in Western Cape)
- Licence Reprint - Domestic Racing Licence (R30) - Only for Racing Licence
- Special Delivery for Domestic Racing Licence (Courier standard rate R140) [Please note that should the courier fees exceed the standard rate fee of R140, Cycling SA will invoice the rider for the additional delivery charges]
Hollard Insurance Company
Cycling SA has finalised a medical expenses benefit with Hollard Insurance Company. Each member will receive a benefit of up to R20,000 for the actual medical expenses incurred for any accident whilst riding or competing on their bicycle. The policy is fully downloadable off the membership website (log into http://csams.cyclingsa.com/ and click on the HOLLARD AND ROADCOVER tab). Coupled to this, is the automatic assistance of Road Cover. Effectively, if whilst riding your bike, you are involved in an accident on the road, any claim with the Road Accident Fund will be handled by RoadCover, whilst your medical expenses up to R20,000 will be covered by Hollard Insurance Company. This offer is only available to all Cycling SA members.
The cover from Hollard Insurance Company now also includes a death benefit of R20,000. There have been four known deaths during 2015 and we believe that this immediate assistance to bereaved family members may just provide some assistance during a very difficult time. This offer is available to all Cycling SA members.
If in an accident a person must contact: Hollard Accident and Health - Claims Manager - Bill McIntosh - 011 351 5366
*There is a R500 excess payable, and the claim will be settled subject to all correct documentation being in place.
I think we must share my story with all the clubs and Cycling SA members, as well as Cycling SA, as we were not sure how the insurance for Cycling SA members works.
- Fact: I got injured (broke my elbow) during a MTB training session 24/09/2015
- Fact: My hospital bill and medical expenses added up more than R50 000
- Fact: All my medical bills were settled by my Medical Fund, everything was fully paid.
- Fact: All CSA members are covered by an insurance that CSA organised on our behalf with Hollard.
- Fact: I spoke to Bill Mcintosh at Hollard Insurers, the dedicated person for CSA medical claims, and told him that everything was paid.
- Fact: Bill said that although everything was paid by my medical aid, they will still pay their dues, up to R20 000.
- FACT: I got my payment into my account Friday 30/10/2015, R20 000!!!
My thanks to Cycling SA and Hollard for doing this for us, members of Cycling SA.
Sjoerd Douwenga (Treasurer of Sedibeng Cycling)
Rewards and membership card
All Cycling SA members will receive a membership card. This card will accrue benefits to the member. We have linked up with LiveLife Solutions who are already integrated to many retail partners across the country, and who will be mandated by Cycling SA from time to time to secure other retail partners requested by our members (you). This will enable all members of Cycling SA to systematically earn rewards through the use of their membership card.
The functionality of the cards enables us to introduce a plethora of benefits to members, which we continually update you with. The development and integration into the LiveLife Solutions programme has been completed and the cards are available to all existing members of Cycling SA.
Click here to view our rewards partners
Click here to activate your LiveLife Membership Rewards card.
Our community webpage is booming, with over 35,000 visits by the members who have signed up. The rich content, ability to view cycling in SA holistically, as well as to share your experiences with your friends on one platform, is proving to be incredibly popular. It is simple to sign up, and you can personalise your communication to suit your palate. Click here to create your profile.
To purchase or renew your membership/license for 2016, simply click http://csams.cyclingsa.com and register.
RoadCover/Road Accident Fund
ROADCOVER ensure that victims of motor vehicle accidents have immediate access to an effective Road Accident Fund (RAF) claims management system with NO costs to themselves. RoadCover removes the very difficult and complicated process that we face when processing a claim with the Road Accident Fund.
For the duration of the claim, the member receives:
- Legal representation
- Administration and claims management
- Accident reconstruction
- Required Medico-legal reports
- Required Actuarial reports
- Past and future loss of earning reports
- Past and future loss of support reports
For further information, please go to www.roadcover.co.za or dial 0860 RCOVER (0860 726837)
Europcar South Africa
Cycling South Africa is pleased to announce an exciting new membership benefit deal with Europcar South Africa. Cycling SA members will be able to access car rentals at special rates with their unique CSAID.
The exciting partnership will yield additional value to our members by offering preferential rates when hiring a vehicle. Cycling SA members must log into the CSAMS member management system and click the web link. They will be directed to the Europcar portal where they can complete their booking for any car that they wish to hire.
Europcar South Africa has been a consistent sponsor and partner to Cycling South Africa over the past few years, supporting various major cycling events that have been staged around the country by supplying team and support vehicles.
Click here to log in to your Membership profile to make use of this special offer (only available for car hire within RSA).
Cycling South Africa announces a new membership benefit with ICE ID. Cycling SA members will receive a 15% rebate on any ICE ID products with your valid membership. The 15% rebate will be loaded onto your LiveLife Rewards card.
ICE ID is dedicated to the idea that any person - whether you are young or old, active outdoors or not, have a medical condition/allergy, attend school and school sports, have young children at a shopping mall, or travel overseas - should be wearing an In Case of Emergency identification product. When minutes matter, having your emergency contact details on you at the time is of paramount importance for quick recognition of your emergency information. These include a contact person, medical aid details, allergies and medical conditions.
There is a once off fee for the product and no monthly fees or dependency on a third party to get hold of your emergency contact information.
Click here to log in to your Membership profile to make use of this special offer.
Can’t access your account?
- Go to: http://csams.cyclingsa.com/
- Click "Log in"
- Click on wording – Forgotten your password?
- Enter either your Username/CSA ID/ID Number in the correct field
- Click "Email my Password"
If you don’t receive an email within 5 minutes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your username and password.
Still awaiting your membership card?
- Members can download their own membership cards by logging in to their account.
- Link: http://csams.cyclingsa.com/
- Click "Log in", enter your details and click "Log In"
- Go to "MY CSA", click on the wording – "Download Membership Card"