All riders taking part in CYCLINGSA sanctioned events are required to be a Member of CYCLING SA for the year in which the race takes place, or alternatively to have a valid day license for every day of participation. Membership or a day license is a race entry requirement and is thus a prerequisite to enter a race.
2013 LICENSING PROCESS
- Everyone must join CYCLING SA as a member. It is not necessary for Cycling SA Members to belong to a club, but members which apply/upgrade their Cycling SA Memberships to Domestic Racing Licenses need to belong to a registered cycling club.
- Once you are a member, you can upgrade to a Domestic Racing License.
- Or - You can take a day license for every day you race
- Cycling SA Membership R75.00
- Cycling SA Domestic Racing License R350.00
- Day License R35.00 (only applicable if you are not a member of Cycling SA)
- Some provinces levy additional fees:
- Central Gauteng - R75.00
- Gauteng North - R25.00
- Kwazulu Natal - R35.00
- Free State - R75.00
- Limpopo - R25.00
Please note that Cycling SA does not accept cash payment for membership and licence fees at the office for security reasons. The only form of payment that is accepted is through credit card on the system and EFT payment. Thank you for your understanding in this regard.
Cycling SA Membership:
- Membership will be available through the CYCLING SA member management website (csams.cyclingsa.com).
- It is not necessary for Cycling SA Members to belong to a club, but members which apply/upgrade their CYCLING SA Memberships to Domestic Racing Licenses need to belong to a registered cycling club.
- These options are all available on the CYCLING SA member management website. The system opens on 1st September 2012.
- If New Applicants or Members haven't purchased 2012 CYCLING SA Membership, they can now purchase their 2013 CYCLING SA Membership and their membership will be valid from the date of issue until 31st December 2013. (Membership can be used for the remainder of 2012 and for 2013)
- NB. 2013 Domestic Racing Licenses are ONLY valid from 1st January 2013 until 31st December 2013.
- Membership will entitle riders to race, be seeded and participate in CYCLING SA sanctioned events. Exceptions are detailed under Racing License Section.
CYCLING SA Racing License (UCI License):
- A Racing license can only be bought once you have CYCLING SA membership. This can only be done through the CYCLING SA member management website (csams.cyclingsa.com).
- If you join as a member on the CYCLING SA site, this process can be done at the same time. Otherwise you can upgrade to this option at a later stage. A license card will be issued and posted to you. (Please ensure that your postal address details are correct on your profile).
- A Racing License allows a rider to represent South Africa and participate in UCI sanctioned events.
- A Racing License is required to participate at all National Championships, except for the Youth Categories who may participate on CYCLING SA membership only.
- Masters / Veterans and Youth do not require a full racing license to participate at any Provincial Championships.
CYCLING SA Licensing System:
The system will also have the following features:
- National Seeding System
- National Points system
- Online Entry System for CYCLING SA events (such as SA Championship events)
- National Calendar and race information system
- A rider communication system
- A National Results system
- Connectivity to all affiliated online entry companies and timing systems
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Q: Once I have bought a CYCLINGSA Membership, how do I get a domestic racing license?
A: In 2013 all riders need to become a Member of CYCLINGSA first. Once you are a member, you can then get a domestic racing license on the CYCLINGSA Web Site.
Q: What about Youth licenses?
A: There are no Youth licenses. All riders over the age of 16 require a domestic racing license should they wish to compete in Nationals, UCI events or get National Colours. Youth riders (U16) are only required to become members and will receive all the benefits of a domestic racing license.
Q: Do I still need to join a club.
A: Members which purchase CSA Membership no longer need to belong to a club in order to obtain CSA Membership but if they upgrade their membership to a domestic racing license, they need to belong to a registered cycling club. Members that purchase domestic racing Licenses need to belong to a registered cycling club.
Q: Can I get a domestic racing license without becoming a member?
A : No. However, if you chose to take out your CSA membership on the CYCLINGSA site, you can upgrade to a domestic racing license at the same time, merely by ticking a box
Q: Who is the service provider and where do I find the system?
A: The system will be on the CYCLINGSA website (www.cyclingsa.com), right click on MEMBERSHIP or go to csams.cyclingsa.com. It is owned and administered by CYCLINGSA.